Masters of Science in Computer Science is a Postgraduate degree. It is designed to prepare students for careers in the information technology industry.
The study program is meant for students with a bachelor’s degree in computer science from any recognized institution.
This program can also be accessed by students who don’t have a computer science degree. Such students may be accepted into the program but with extra remedial coursework.
Students who graduate from the program learn how to design databases and process information on a computer. There are several branches of this degree. They are Computer programming, Information Databases, Computer Networks, Decoding Programming language, and much more.
Top Universities Ireland for MS of science in computer science has great connections with companies in the computer and information industry. Thus, the students can get first-hand experience working in such companies.
Major companies like Google have their European area headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. This presents numerous job opportunities for computer science graduates. Google offers student training jobs.
A quick look at the google career page shows some of the student training opportunities available. Students studying a Masters of Science in Computer Science get a chance to train at Google. They learn from the most experienced professionals in the industry.
University College, Dublin is one of the top-ranked universities that offer a Masters of Science in Computer science in Ireland. This Postgraduate program is offered both Full time and Part-time.
Letterkenny Institute of Technology offers an online research-based MS in computer science. Below is a more specific list with more universities that offer the same program in Ireland.
Trinity College, Dublin
- MS in Computer Science (Augmented and virtual reality/ future networked systems/Intelligent system)
University College, Dublin
- Ms in Computer Science (Conversion)
University College, Cork
- MS in Computer Science ( Applied Computing Technology/ Computing Science)
Dublin City University
- MS in Computing
- Ms in Data Protection and Privacy Laws
National University of Ireland, Galway
- MS in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- MS in Computer Science ( Data Analytics)
University of Limerick
- MS in Software engineering
- MS in Computer Science (Software Engineering)
Technological University, Dublin
- MS in Computer Science (Advanced Software developments/ Data science)
Watford Institute of Technology
- MS in Computing ( Enterprise Software systems, Information Systems Process)
Reasons to study MS in Computer Science in Ireland
Most people will settle for a Masters of Science in Computer Science for the most apparent reason, which is higher pay. These vary from course to course. These are some of the top reasons why you should choose Ireland for your Ms in Computer Science.
- A degree in computer science from an Irish institution of higher learning will often get you a job or an internship. Having a master’s in the same field will place you higher up in position. You will be eligible to apply for more senior jobs.
- Dublin, Ireland, is home to some leading information and technology companies like Google and LinkedIn. Google headquarters in Europe is based in Dublin, Ireland. It offers on-the-job training for both undergraduate and post-graduate students in computer subjects or fields of study.
- African students find it easy to navigate the study life in Ireland. The English language is the official language spoken in Ireland. Most African students never have a problem adjusting. For African students that come from non-English speaking countries.
English courses in Ireland are offered to such students. Irish people are amicable in nature. Interacting and co-existing with them is never a problem for most African students. Students could also take IELTS TOEFL exams to prove their language skills.
- Ireland allows International students to stay behind and look for work in their area of study. After finishing their studies, some African students chose to remain and contribute to the Irish pool of professionals. Some African students who study in Ireland can work at some of the world-leading companies like Google and LinkedIn.
- In 2019 Ireland was placed at position 15 among the countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of computer devices. This means that there is a demand for skilled people in the computer field. Study a Master’s in computer science or a master’s in computing is always an advantage in the long run.
- The ability to earn a higher salary is one of the advantages of this profession. Research has shown that master’s degree holders earn more during their lifetime. This indicates that earning a post-graduate degree tends to bring with it higher salaries. Some of the highly paid MS in Computer Science jobs are Software development engineers and Computer Scientists.
- Individuals who study ms in Computer Science are assured of stable jobs. Graduates know that it is easy to get a job with a post-graduate degree. It is also easy to grow and work their way up their career ladder.
- Studying in Ireland is much cheaper than many studies abroad destinations like Canada, Australia, and the USA. A master’s science in computer science is not reasonable to study in any country. It is for this reason that Ireland has become a favorite among many African students.
There is a global shortage of digitally skilled people – so there has never been a better time to consider becoming a computer scientist. This has attracted more students to this field.
Is an MS in Computer Science worth it?
Before settling for this program, it is crucial to do your research. Several universities in Ireland offer this program. They offer such programs at different costs and durations. It is up to the student to find out what works for them in terms of cost and time frame.
You may also ask yourself why this program? If it is for a higher salary and stable job growth, you fall in the majority category. If the above reasons are your motivation, earning an MS in Computer Science from an Irish University is a better choice. It will lead you closer to your goal.