Dubai as an education Hub
Twenty of the most reputable international universities are located at the Knowledge Village and Dubai International Academic City. You get to study, meet and interact with other post graduate and undergraduate students within the same radius. What’s more, more than 10,000 students are studying in the universities around that area.
Top postgraduate studies in Dubai for African students
- Business Management
- Life Sciences
- Public Relations
Graduates from United Arab Emirates universities like Dubai are known for their emphasis on producing well-rounded professionals.
The Dubai ministry of higher education and scientific research is in charge of academic excellence in Higher Education. The United Arab Emirates seeks to monitor and ensure that high quality of education is maintained all through the region.
Post Graduate Universities in Dubai
Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Here are some of the popular post graduate courses offered at the Heriot-Watt University Dubai.
- Construction Management and surveying
- Brewing and Distilling
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Energy and Renewables
- Fashion and Textiles
- Mechanical Engineering
- Strategy and Enterprises
Middlesex University Dubai
Postgraduate courses offered by Middlesex University are:
- The Middlesex MBA
- Master of Arts
- Master of Science
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE)
The University of Wollongong in Dubai
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Quality Management
- Master of Science (Logistics)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Applied Finance in Islamic Banking and Finance)
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial Services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
- Master of Engineering Management (MEM)
Amity University, Dubai
- MBA (Insurance & banking)
- MBA (Dubai, USA & UK)
- MBA (tourism administration)
- MBA (transport & logistics)
- MBA (real estate and urban infrastructure)
- MBA (pr & event management)
- MBA (working professional mode)
- master of science (forensic sciences)
Murdoch University, Dubai
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education (MEd)
Many universities offer international undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, like the Canadian University Dubai.
Application Procedure for African Students
Do your research
The first step towards studying in Dubai is to do your research. What program do you want to study?
Find out the universities that offer your program of choice.
Identify the university you would like to join
After identifying the university that you would like to join, check if the school has a website. Most of the universities in Dubai have their websites. If there is no website, then the university will always provide an address or telephone number.
Find out the requirements
There are specific entry requirements unique to some universities, so ensure you check for the correct information.
Gather your documents, send your application and wait
If you meet all the requirements, gather all the requirements. While doing all these, be mindful of the application deadlines at your university of choice.
Send your application and wait for the university to send you an offer.
After you get an offer, it’s time to apply for your student visa to Dubai.
Dubai Student Visa Requirements
To get a student visa to Dubai, you will need an offer letter. The visa is renewed every year, depending on the duration of your program.
Student Visa Fees
The following fees apply to Dubai Students Visa
- Student Visa Fee of 820$
- Visa Deposit Fee of 817$
Documents Required for a Dubai Student Visa
- A letter of admission
- A copy of a registration fee receipt from your university
- A completed visa application form
- A copy of your passport
- A clear photograph of yourself
Eligibility for Postgraduate Study
All international students that intend ofstudying their postgraduate in Dubai must meet the following criteria:
- One should be a bachelors degree holder from a recognized university
- One must present a valid TOEFL or IELTS score
- Proof of previous work experience is a must
Post Graduate Fees in Dubai
Tuition fees for a postgraduate study in Dubai range between 12,000 to 18,000 USD for the entire program. The living expenses for students in Dubai are also high, especially if you intend on living outside the campus. The cost of living in Dubai is relatively high. It will cost you approximately 1200 USD per month, including rent, food, entertainment, transportation, etc.
Funding and Scholarships
The relatively expensive cost of living in Dubai can be made affordable through funding. The UAE government doesn’t offer scholarship awards to international students. However, this should not discourage you.
Some universities offer fully funded scholarships and grants to all international students. The funding aims to help offset the tuition fees. Universities offer excellence scholarships based on student’s academic performance.
The best way to benefit from a scholarship is to consult your university. You may also check its websites for the list of scholarships open to you.